In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD discusses the phenomenon of married couples who live like roommates, known as roommate marriage, without much intimacy or sexual chemistry.
She shares her personal experience of going through a phase of disconnection with her husband, and the existential crisis she faced in mustering the courage to discuss it with him. Couples need to be open and honest with each other about their needs and desires and work together to reignite the spark in their relationship.
Also in this episode:
- Why do many married couples live like roommates?
- The importance of intimacy and sexual chemistry in a relationship
- The epidemic of couples who lack intimacy and connection
- How some couples are fine with being roommates
- The struggles of couples who crave more intimacy and spark in their relationships
- The role of communication in building intimacy
- The importance of being open and honest with one’s partner
- Working together to reignite the spark in a relationship
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!