In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD discusses the biggest reason marriages fail, which is not what most people think. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not due to complex issues, but rather a lack of communication and clarity about what you want. Knowing what you want and effectively communicating it to your partner is key to a successful marriage.
Alexandra also talks about the rising divorce rates among people in longer relationships, specifically those who have been married for at least 20 years. This issue may seem complicated, but it all boils down to the ability to communicate desires effectively. She suggests that disconnecting from our desires turns things sour in a relationship and that we need to reconnect with our deepest essence to achieve an extraordinary marriage.
Also in this episode:
- The misconception that relationship issues are complex and difficult to understand
- The importance of knowing and communicating what you want in a relationship
- The relationship between knowing what you want and feeling seen, heard, honored, and respected
- The need to stay connected to one’s deepest desires
- The difficulty of identifying and articulating desires effectively
- The tendency to disconnect from one’s desires as one gets older
- The difference between desires and goals/accomplishments/achievements
- The journey toward becoming an embodied, powerful, and magnetic woman
Subscribe To The Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
If you’re ready to create the deliciousness and joy of a growth-oriented, passionate relationship, visit: www.alexandrastockwell.com
If you’re ready for your relationship to feel as good on the inside as it looks on the outside, read this. Get started with a complimentary free chapter from Alexandra’s acclaimed bestselling book Uncompromising Intimacy HERE
Purchase A Full Copy of Uncompromising Intimacy HERE
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
My mission is to change the cultural narrative around long-term relationships from one of ongoing stagnation and compromise to the delectable joy and deep gratification a couple feels while building passion and excitement on a daily basis.
For over two decades, I have been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose back into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom!
I embarked on this journey not only for my patients but for myself and my own relationship. I wanted more for my life and my marriage than logistics, and discussions about childcare.