On this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, I’m speaking with Alisa DeLorenzo about marriage, intimacy, and the effect of pornography on a marriage. Alisa and her husband, Tony, co-host the #1 rated One Extraordinary Marriage Podcast. They have been married for 25 years and have recently released their latest book, The Six Pillars of Intimacy. Today, we discuss the six forms of intimacy: emotional, physical, financial, spiritual, recreational, and sexual, and how each one is vital to create a long-lasting and fulfilling relationship. Alisa also shares how she and her husband navigated a pornography addiction together and how they now help coach other couples through similar situations.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:50] Introduction to Alisa and Tony DeLorenzo
- [05:01] Pornography and marriage
- [11:35] How secrets affect marriage
- [16:08] The Six Pillars of Intimacy
- [19:00] Emotional intimacy
- [20:29] Physical intimacy
- [24:01] Recreational intimacy
- [29:03] What Alisa has learned through being married to Tony
- Marriages need role models of other healthy and fulfilling marriages. Alisa and Tony DeLorenzo are role models for many couples as they encourage others, coaching them with wisdom gained from their mistakes, experiences, and depth of marital knowledge.
- When a married person is engaging in pornography, it impacts both people.
- If something is kept a secret within a marriage, it will still impact the entire dynamic in the marriage. The longer a secret is kept, the more damage that will be done.
- The six pillars of intimacy help create a strong and beautiful marriage that can carry the weight of challenges, because life does still happen to all of us. The pillars create an internal strength that fosters working together as a team.
The Six Pillars of Intimacy: https://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Intimacy-Secret-Extraordinary-Marriage/dp/0578991454
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
IG: @alexandra.stockwell.intimacy – https://www.instagram.com/alexandra.stockwell.intimacy/
As co-host of the top marriage podcast in Apple Podcasts, the ONE Extraordinary Marriage Show, Alisa DiLorenzo speaks to a worldwide audience about sex, love & commitment, and challenges every listener to make their relationship a priority. Their 6 Pillars of Intimacy have transformed countless marriages. Its ideas are simple, practical, and powerful. You’ll be inspired to look at your marriage through a new lens and be encouraged by how common sense it is.