In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD talks about the importance of personal development in reviving the spark and reigniting emotional, sensual, and erotic intimacy in a relationship. Many couples face the challenge where they may feel disconnected, frustrated, and not fully alive in their relationship, hindering them from creating intimacy in their relationship. While many believe that external solutions like buying new lingerie, planning a perfect date, or going on a vacation will solve their problems, these temporary arrangements are not enough.
External arrangements such as vacations, buying new lingerie, or shaving your legs will not revive a relationship. Personal development and being self-aware, honest, authentic, present, and accepting of yourself and your partner are essential to creating a successful relationship.
Also in this episode:
- The feeling of disconnection in a relationship
- Slow build-up of resentment, disconnection, and frustration
- The experiment with the frog and how it relates to relationships
- The futility of external and temporary arrangements to revive a relationship
- The need for personal development for a successful relationship
- Self-awareness in relationships and creating intimacy
- Being more honest, authentic, present, and accepting of yourself and your partner
- The importance of creating magic, intimacy, passion, and juicy connection in a relationship
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Apple Podcast | YouTube | Spotify
Connect With The Show:
Website | Linkedin | Instagram
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!