On this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, I’m speaking with the incredible Nneka Chineme Unachukwa, MD, commonly known as Dr. Una. She is a pediatrician, podcast host, entrepreneur coach to physicians all over the world, and CEO and Founder of Ivy League Pediatrics in Lawrenceville, Georgia. On top of all that, she is also a wife of 15 years and mom to four children. In this insightful and encouraging conversation, we discuss delegation within marriage, the distinction between compromise and staying true to yourself, and how marriage is the ultimate personal development program.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:27] Dr. Una is introduced and shares the meaning behind her name
- [04:57] The heart behind Dr. Una’s work and her podcast, EntreMD
- [07:48] How your decision-making process impacts your intimate relationship
- [12:36] The importance of delegation
- [19:07] The difference between compromise and prioritizing when it comes to identity, values, and dreams within relationships
- [25:47] Dr. Una answers the questions, “What have you learned about yourself as a result of being married to your husband?”
- [31:14] Information about Dr. Una’s Podcast, EntreMD
- Communication is key when making important decisions that affect your partner.
- In order to accomplish more in life and have more time and freedom, you have to leverage the power of people and adopt a lifestyle of delegation within your marriage and your work-life.
- When we prioritize certain needs or desires in a relationship, the method will not matter as much as the outcome.
- Bring all of yourself to your relationship. Never try to bury your hopes or dreams in order to avoid conflict.
- We are the best we can be, the most fun, the happiest, when we are true to who we are, and when we make room for our partner to do the same.
- Marriage is the best personal development program!
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
Alexandra’s website: www.alexandrastockwell.com
FB business: https://www.instagram.com/alexandra.stockwell.intimacy/