In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD invites her husband, Rodd Stockwell, MD, to discuss their experience of maintaining a fresh and passionate relationship for 25 years. They discuss how desires naturally change over time, the importance of overcoming fear to express those desires, and cultivating uncompromising intimacy.
Maintaining long-term and passionate relationships requires effort, intentionality, and a willingness to be vulnerable with each other. The key is to cultivate uncompromising intimacy by expressing desires, supporting each other, and being curious about oneself and one’s partner. By listening generously with genuine interest, being a yes to each other’s desires, and regularly working on the relationship, couples can keep their relationship fresh and exciting for years to come.
Also in this episode:
- Change is natural and should be embraced
- Keeping up with changes in life keeps people growing and evolving
- The same body doesn’t mean that the relationship is the same
- Communication and understanding each other’s needs are important
- Trying new things in the bedroom keeps things exciting
- Regularly working on the relationship helps to maintain the passion
- A strong emotional connection is necessary for a passionate relationship
- Passionate relationships require effort and intentionality
- Couples should be willing to be vulnerable with each other
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!