Today’s episode is the exciting start of all of the juicy newness of The Intimate Marriage Podcast. I’ve invited my husband, Rodd Stockwell, MD, back to the podcast to discuss how we’ve kept our marriage feeling new and fresh over the last 25 years. We dive into the nature of how desires naturally change over time, overcoming the fear of expressing those desires, and cultivating uncompromising intimacy. While this is one of those conversations that could go on for hours, tune in to hear this bite-sized chunk all about keeping it fresh!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:43] Rodd’s response to one of my most asked questions: How does your relationship stay exciting after 25 years of marriage?
- [06:14] Are things boring in our bedroom?
- [11:16] Uncompromising intimacy and growing to prioritize our experience.
- [14:11] Overcoming the fear of expressing desires.
- [17:21] The importance of how you listen when your partner shares.
- [20:37] A practical application of open communication about one’s feelings and desires.
- [21:34] The role curiosity plays in continuously arising emotions and desires.
- All people change naturally over time and have new desires that arise. It’s about honoring what’s arising in each other that makes it different and new and fresh.
- If one person is overriding fear and expressing a desire, then there’s somebody listening and how that person listens is incredibly important.
- It takes courage to take the risk to suggest trying something new. But it begins with not letting the fear win.
- The thing that keeps a relationship spicy and alive is cultivating uncompromising intimacy. The ability to be aware of how you feel, and develop the ability to express it to your partner, and receive and hear when your partner shares.
Uncompromising Intimacy – Podcast Episode
25 Years of Intimacy, with my Husband Rodd Stockwell – Podcast Episode
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
Alexandra’s website: www.alexandrastockwell.com
Rodd Stockwell, MD is a Pain Management Doctor. He is Alexandra’s husband of 25 years. Together they have 4 children ranging in age from 9-25.
Keeping It Fresh With My Husband, With Rodd Stockwell, MD