In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD talks about the challenges of connecting intimately with your spouse when you have young children an how to rekindle intimacy in marriage.
This is a topic that many couples struggle with, especially those who have newborns up to 12 years old. Alexandra also shared some tips on how to rekindle intimacy in marriage and how to make the most of the time you have with your partner and how to nourish your emotional intimacy through non-sexual physical touch.
Also in this episode:
- You don’t need to make more time, but rather how you use the time you have with your partner
- Children soak up attention, making it difficult for couples to connect intimately with each other
- The average couple spends less than four minutes a day talking about anything other than children and logistics
- Distinguish between things that are urgent and important
- Create a culture of affectionate touch that is not necessarily sexual
- Non-sexual physical touch can nourish emotional intimacy and rekindle intimacy in marriage.
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!