Today’s episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast marks the end of Season 1. As I look back at the richness of the season, it’s clear that there is no specific formula for a happy marriage. Each couple that I interviewed shared different things that contribute to their happiness. It’s a creative process unique to the individuals involved in terms of how they pursue and cultivate more joy, more pleasure, more connection, and more self-expression in their relationship. Listen as I highlight key moments from Season 1 and look ahead to Season 2!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:15] The rules, or lack thereof, for happy and unhappy families
- [04:06] Analogy: Teaching someone to fish and creating a fantastic marriage
- [06:58] Key takeaways from Season 1 couples
- [08:18] Taking risks in your relationship and tracking relationship goals
- [11:30] The connection between vulnerability and stress in marriage, and the importance of getting your children’s perspective about marriage and family
- [16:08] Prioritizing your partner’s experience and finding success in life and marriage despite the chaos around your
- [19:42] Reflection and looking forward to Season 2
- There is no specific formula for a happy and growing relationship. It’s a creative process and unique to the individuals. It is intrinsically motivated and having a happy family is really a unique achievement.
- How we handle our money, especially in interacting with our spouse, is heavily influenced by emotional content that may not be completely clear to each other. It may feel obvious to us, but when you actually express it to your partner, it will ease miscommunication and frustration.
- You can totally love and support your spouse without being interested in the things that they are interested in.
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
IG: @alexandra.stockwell.intimacy – https://www.instagram.com/alexandra.stockwell.intimacy/