In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD explains that going way beyond the five love languages to the full spectrum, wholehearted loving, and uncompromising intimacy, will bring so much more to your relationship.
Alexandra shares that the concept of uncompromising intimacy is a way to counteract the comfortable dullness and lack of passion that comes with compromise. Understanding one’s love language and that of their partner can help improve the relationship.
Also in this episode:
- The misconception about compromise in relationships
- What it means to have uncompromising intimacy
- The problems of relying on a compromise for a peaceful marriage
- The importance of bringing all of oneself into a relationship
- The five types of love languages: words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch
- How love languages can differ between partners
- The problem of waiting to receive love before giving it
- The potential for conflict resolution when each partner speaks their love language
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!