In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, Alexandra Stockwell, MD discusses the importance of cultivating curiosity in relationships. The fact that when we become too comfortable and secure in a relationship, we tend to take our partners for granted and miss out on their growth and experiences. Cultivate curiosity to help maintain emotional connection and sensual experiences.
Alexandra also shares stories of couples who used curiosity to heal and transform their relationship. Even if your relationship is strong, it is important to make a point of cultivating curiosity.
Also in this episode:
- The importance of cultivating curiosity in a relationship
- How cultivating curiosity helps maintain intimacy and connection between partners
- The consequences of not cultivating curiosity in a relationship
- How comfort and security in a relationship can lead to partners taking each other for granted
- How partners’ growth and individual experiences affect their relationship
- How cultivating curiosity enhances sensual and erotic experiences in a relationship
- Examples of how cultivating curiosity helped different couples resolve their relationship issues
- The case of a woman who had a strong relationship but still benefited from cultivating curiosity
- The importance of being curious about one’s partner’s feelings and desires
Subscribe To The Intimate Marriage Podcast:
Connect With The Show:
Download the first chapter of Dr Alexandra’s bestselling book, “Uncompromising Intimacy,” here: https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/book
Cultivate your intimacy skills (without compromise) in Aligned & Hot Marriage, Dr. Alexandra’s proven method for smart couples ready to love more fully. www.alignedhotmarriage.com
Join my email list to stay connected–it’s where I share my latest insights and offer opportunities for live Q & A. https://www.alexandrastockwell.com/subscribe
About Alexandra Stockwell, MD
Known as “The Intimacy Doctor,” Alexandra Stockwell, MD is a Relationship and Intimacy Coach and an Intimate Marriage Expert who specializes in coaching ambitious, successful couples to build beautiful, long-lasting, passionate relationships. She is the bestselling author of “Uncompromising Intimacy,” host of The Intimate Marriage Podcast and creator of the Aligned & Hot Marriage program.
For over two decades, she’s been guiding men and women to bring pleasure and purpose into all aspects of life— from the daily grind of running a household to creating ecstatic experiences in the bedroom—all while maintaining extraordinary professional success!