On this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, I’m speaking with Nick and Dr. Elaine Stageberg about how they re-energized their marriage and the ways it has drastically improved their family and business. They own a very successful real estate investment company although they believe that they invest not in just property, but in relationships. Nick and Elaine have learned to invest in each other and that flows over into how they use their business to invest in other people. Together, we talk about the energy within marriage, how they have chosen to put one another’s needs above their own, and the positive impact that conflict can have on your relationship.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:46] Introduction of Nick and Dr. Elaine Stageberg
- [02:55] What’s it like to work with your spouse
- [04:40] Marriage as a source of energy
- [08:42] How to energize your marriage
- [14:38] Being accommodating of your spouse
- [20:36] How to use conflict to create more energy
- [27:51] Investing in relationships
- [33:40] What ways have you grown through marriage
- The Stageberg’s believe that taking responsibility for your partner’s needs and feelings will transform your relationship for the better because you will both be thinking of each other’s happiness.
- Your marriage can and should be a source of energy and light.
- When you try to avoid conflict or a problem in your marriage, it can be harmful. It’s better to lean into the conflict and as there you’ll discover a deep reservoir of energy.
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
IG: @alexandra.stockwell.intimacy – https://www.instagram.com/alexandra.stockwell.intimacy/
Nick & Dr. Elaine Stageberg have been married for 10 years and are parents to three amazing children, ages 6, 4, and 18 months, and another baby on the way! After having grown their real estate investments to reach financial freedom, they left their respective careers to jointly run their real estate investment business, Black Swan Real Estate. One of the most common questions they get is “How do you work with your spouse everyday?” They love to share what has worked for them to create a close, vibrant, loving, intimate marriage – which is the ingredient that they consider the ticket to all of their other successes!