In this episode of The Intimate Marriage Podcast, I speak with Gail Bruce, a wise, spunky, honest, articulate, vivacious 80-year-old woman. She speaks as a friend, a student of life, and a crone as Gail discusses her 50-year marriage to the love of her life and talks about the ways each new decade brought more growth and more depth to their relationship. After a surfing accident left her late husband in a neck brace, paralyzed from the waist down, many things changed and Gail describes in detail the impact it had on their physical connection. Gail is the founder of HipSilver, a curated resource company designed to connect the Silvers, those in her generation, with one another. Listen as we talk about life, love, and how she makes her life more rich and full with each passing year.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:21] Gail talks about how she met her late husband and about their beautiful 50-year marriage
- [07:47] What is it like being in love after 35 or 40 years of marriage, and how is it different from being in love early in a marriage?
- [13:00] After a surfing accident left her husband in a neck brace, Gail shares how their emotional and physical relationship changed during the almost 5-year recovery
- [23:36] The importance of finding all of the ways that there can be physical connection and pleasure within a lifelong relationship
- [32:39] Gail talks about founding HipSilver and her plans to grow the resource and show the world that the Silver Age is hip
- There is a connection between having a fantastic relationship and our ability and willingness to be more self-expressed and receive more of our partners’ full self-expression.
- Touch, nonsexual and sexual alike, is a major part of everybody’s life and very crucial to our wellbeing. We suffer when there is a lack of physical touch, like during the pandemic.
- HipSilver is an online resource that focuses on Gail’s generation. It’s about new possibilities for a more rich and full life focused on community, information, and curated products.
Read Alexandra’s book “Uncompromising Intimacy”: https://amzn.to/2ymI3Hl
Join THE INTIMATE MARRIAGE Facebook group:
IG: @alexandra.stockwell.intimacy – https://www.instagram.com/alexandra.stockwell.intimacy/
Gail Bruce is a woman of experience and some notoriety. Born Gail Hire in Chicago, she was raised on the beaches of California, educated at numerous institutions, and enriched by the exciting experiences of life: sports, cars, modeling, acting, design, marriage, painting, childbirth, non-profit development, and business. All of which contributed to who she is today and how she will move into the future.
Gail believes the reason we are born into this time and existence is to move our level of “consciousness” one step further to the next level. Everything is a life lesson; everything is enriching.